Wednesday, January 14, 2015

3 Down... 49 TO GO! 2015 Reading Challenge Progress

Oh my! So I finished book two and book three. If you've joined our GoodReads group, then you will notice that there are 50 topics open to share the book you read when you finish it. Do you have to? No, but if we all share what we are reading then we will have a pretty nice book list of recommendations when we are done!

Book 2: A Nonfiction Book
Reinventing You by Dorrie Clark

Interesting. I'm not one to enjoy self-help books but her examples were realistic and her proposed activities at least made sense. Really don't see myself quizzing friends to get opinions of myself, but more power to anyone who tries it! 


BOOK 3: A Book You Started But Never Finished

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
This is the third book of the His Fair Assassins series and for some reason when I first picked it up I just could not get into it. The first in the series was Grave Mercy and I LOVED the strength of the female characters. Annith quickly becomes someone you want to learn more about and I was eager to read more when Dark Triumph came out. SO what was the hang up with Mortal Heart? Maybe it was that knowledge that once I finish the book, the trilogy is over. No more strong woman assassins look for marques and killing off bad guys... but WOW! after you get three or four chapters in, book three will have you so wrapped up in Annith's world that you won't be able to put the book down. And what happens when you have to work and can't sit and read... you'll be wondering if Annith is ok. Guess what? It's FICTION! But you will still be worrying about her and her sister assassins!!


Missed what the challenge is all about? Click to read the original blog post.  Follow the links within the post to get to the list of categories for the reading challenge. Email me and let me know if you are going to do the challenge with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment